Healthy Eating and Living for Life and Work
Whole Heath Learning provides students with the skills and embedded knowledge so they are physically and mentally healthy and have the stamina to sustain work.
To enable students to be successful in their learning, the programme focuses on:
- Healthy eating, with the emphasis on fresh produce and a balanced diet. We recognise that some young people will require modified diets or additional dietary supplements.
- Expanding the range of foods that a young person will consume/eat, particularly working with the parents/carers of those individuals who have developed a restricted diet as a result of sensory or health difficulties.
- Working with students to compile individual exercise programmes to ensure regular movement breaks throughout the school day, with periods of focused physical exertion to assist them in maintaining a healthy body.
- Providing students with strategies for managing times of increased anxiety through our massage and relaxation programme. Enabling them to incorporate these as an element of their toolkit for learning, which will support their personal learning style.
- Movement sessions to increase body and spatial awareness, whilst developing trust and the ability to work as a key member of a group.